WInter Wishes

Firstly Happy New Year Lovelies.
I am a bit late to the party, but then I 
usually am.


So it's 2016, the festivities are over, and
all I seem to hear around me are people bemoaning
the fact that it's getting colder and colder (here in Europe)
after a very unusually mild December.

But here's the thing-I LOVE Winter.
It's supposed to be cold in January, isn't it?
Having lived in the Med for 14+ years 
where there never seemed to be any distinct 
seasons, I now love Winter.


I just love and wish for you also:

*wearing coats and layers (which
hide a multitude of sins underneath)


Rings and earrings here and here

*weekend lockdowns, when you can
refuse to go anywhere or see anyone and 
it's deemed perfectly acceptable

*cold, frosty walks that really rattle your bones
but make you feel so alive

*piles of crisp, new books



*atmospheric skies that look a tropical 
blue one minute and like Armageddon the
next!

*the luxe of cashmere and cosy

Rings here

*simplicity on all levels

*first footsteps in freshly fallen snow

*walking in the rain

*receiving and writing thank you notes

*roaring fireplaces


*watching rain batter the window from
the safety of your own snug home


*the perfect hot drink at just the right time








But most of all I wish for you the
final realisation that……….



7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well! I love all of these beautiful photos and the last quote in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cozy, wintry photos as I'm sweltering in front of a fan. :-) Happy New Year, lovely! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!!! Do you prefer Winter or Summer in Oz (I imagine Summers must be pretty hard going?)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I so agree about the 'weekend lockdowns' enjoying one of those this weekend :)
    Have a lovely weekend, Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the seasons, Winter is my least liked. Love all the good you highlighted on and I do look forward to winter weekends where you can lay around in your jammies all day. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!