Romantic Lace

Hello Lovelies.

Well today's blog is all about the wonderfulness
of lace;a fabric which has been
known to exist from as far back as 
the 16th Century

black lace, lace top




Venice became one of  the most important 
trading centres of lace

black lace, lace bag, lace accessories



cream lace, Zuhair Murad
Zuhair Murad

Lace mantillas can still be seen being
worn in Catholic churches around the world.



In Spain it is still a common sight to see
women wearing black mantillas on Good Friday.
I am always amazed by the sight of the most
glamorous women walking to church on this day.




black lace, lace boots




black lace, black jewelry,lace jewelry

ELENA Pendant
Our Elena  pendant featuring Chantilly lace from 
the oldest lace-making house in Northern France; 
the same lace-making house used for the lace in Kate Middleton's 
wedding dress!
Also listed in Vogues "must-have" list 
There is also a heart version of this pendant



black lace, Zuhair Murad
Zuhair Murad

white lace
I so love this styling


lace cuffs
ELENA CUFF:

Again like our pendant above, the cuff features Chantilly lace from 
the oldest lace-making house in Northern France; 
the same lace-making house used for the lace in Kate Middletons 
wedding dress!
Also listed in Vogues "must-have" list 


Whilst writing this post I realized
I don't actually own any lace clothing :-(

So are you a "lacey-lady"?
Do you love wearing lace?
Do you only wear it for special occasions/evening wear?


Would love to hear your thought as always
xxxxx

17 comments:

  1. My daughter has just purchased her wedding dress, you'll have to wait till next June to see if there is any lace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love lace Vanessa and there is something about it that is always romantic and sexy when done right.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been adding bits of lace to my dresses recently, a flounce of cotton eyelet, a deep, lavish sweep of black lace. :-) It makes me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You multi-talented lady.
      Hope you are enjoying the summer in Oz :-) x

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with lace and with the second photo that you posted!

    I'm a new follower of you.
    If you would like to check my blog here it is

    http://bonjourchiara.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't the styling fab. Thanks for popping over and I'm off to visit your blog too :-)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I definitely love lace, and I dont reserve it for special occasions. There's just something incredibly sexy about lace.

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore lace, but it has to have the right amount in clothes and look classy. It can be sooo beautiful! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous post! I love themed posts like this one and lace is a favourite fabric of mine. It adds a touch of glamour and femininity to an outfit. I don't just wear it for special occasions. I have a favourite cream lace top which I often wear with jeans. I like the mix of fabrics in the second image and the Elena cuff.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh I love this lacey post-these images are breathtakingly beautiful and ultra feminine. You can't go wrong with lace in my book.Your Luxuria pendant is gorgeous.
    Love the inspiration for my weekend!
    xx, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beauty of lace, so elegant and feminine...your lace cuff is exquisite, Vanessa.
    Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vanessa, Loved this. You really have culled some gorgeous pics here. I am drawn to lace and I'm glad it's in again. The cuff is gorgeous!!

    Just catching up on your posts. Loved the last one. I so get what you are talking about..I also have books never finished, things never done and always feel scattered. I am working on it though..I think it's blogger brain!

    Have a good week! xx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love jewellery.really you are doing great work.keep it up.

    Men's Jewelry Store in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Srirajaranijewellers.com is one of the famous jewellery shops Live Gold Price in Hyderabad having an exquisite collection of latest Rings, Pendants and Necklaces that make you feel on top of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!