ELLE Style Awards (London).

Last week was the ELLE 
Style Awards in London.

As usual there were some gorgeous
gowns and one or two "fails" for me.

My one fav and fail are below.

Thandie Newton is one of my fans and I tend to always
gravitate to her style as you can see here also.

For me Thandie delivered some serious style
points in this polka dot halter neck dress by
Erdem.

"Cold shoulder" is still a trend that seems to suit us all
(although I have still not tried it).

As Donna Karan once said, "no-one had fat shoulders!"



Are you a fan of "cold shoulders"?



Then we move onto my fail :-(
What can I say?
What do I need to even say?

Really???? 

What are your thoughts on this ensemble?
Perhaps that is how the creative mind expresses
themselves?
I don't really know. 
All I know is I "didn't get it" ;-)

Are you a fan of Vivienne Westwood?
Do you own any of her pieces?



Finally, something dark + sensuous like a Tom Ford scent.
http://bit.ly/DarkDruzy




As always I would love to hear your thoughts

XXXXX

3 comments:

  1. Two very different looks! The first is very elegant, and the statement ring and elegant earrings matched with the outfit are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo ...! very excited over here because I just received the best girlfriend gift ever!!! Van--I absolutely LOOOOVE this bracelet, bracelets happen to be my favorite jewelry item, and this one is perfect. I am just getting over the flu and I can't wait to be able to show this off in a few pictures. Not to forget the beautiful packaging too. You are such a kind and generous friend.
    sending you a grateful hug across the ocean,
    xo
    Leslie

    ps I have a few of the cold shoulders t shirts, I didn't know that's what they were called. They're very popular over here and very flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Leslie. You've been such a good friend to me even though we have never met, and I will never forget how kind you were to me when I lost my Dad. But what really tugged at my heart was when you then remembered the anniversary of his death one year later and dropped me a line. I will never forget that Leslie. Hope one day you make it to the UK so I can give you the biggest hug ever xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!