Where's Your Bolt-hole?

When I had to cancel my summer hols to the UK this month (due to anarchy over there) I had to come up with a quick solution.

This is the place Hubs and I always run too when we need a quick fix - La Residencia in Mallorca - www.hotel-laresidencia.com



Within minutes we feel completely chilled and miles away from the madding crowds, as you are completely surrounded by mountains .

(It's also the place Princess Diana often used as her bolt-hole when she need to escape The Establishment!)



I lived in Mallorca for some time, and this place became my weekly treat; sometimes it was just to have a cool drink and watch the sunset, or to have my Saturday morning tennis lessons (which were always a disaster as my mind was always on what I would do after in the hotel ;-). Now it's no longer on my door-step I really appreciate it more. When I lived in Mallorca it was owned by Sir Richard Branson, but now owned by Orient Express Hotels.Thankfully, it's maintained all it's charm.

What's your favorite bolt-hole? It can be on your door-step, or some far and distant land. Where ever it is I would love to add it to my ever-growing list of "places-to-see-before-I-die!"

9 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful!!! I am definitely adding it to my list!! Hope you are refreshed & rested :)

    happy New Year!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to go there a lot when Richard Brandon owned it, it's so British isn't it?
    I loved their simple but luxurious decor and Deia is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! My bolt-hole is my own back yard! My swimming pool - with it's soothing waterfall and spa are my own little sanctuaries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this place looks like the kinda place you can escape to, so gorgeous!
    Hope you've had a lovely break doll.
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vanessa this looks like heaven! I have just added this little oasis to my list of places to visit before I die. I'm glad that you were able to have a lovely break after your trip to the UK was cancelled.

    I'm not sure this will be added to your list of places to see, but my "bolt-hole" as you put it is my parent's home. Nowhere restores me so quickly or thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely, I could do with a week there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you friends for your lovely comments. Any recommendations?
    @Lillian- you are lucky that you can find sanctuary simply with your parents; how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been to this wonderful spot on Mallorca too. My bolt hole is the woods behind my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a FANTASTIC place to unwind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!