Serotonin Boosters

 I am reading this fab book at the moment, called Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee.



Initially when I bought it, I thought it was a mind-set book, but in fact it is more about just seeing the beauty where you are, and how you can improve/change that.


One of the things the author talks about is the impact of colour.

"............it was clear that the liveliest places and objects all have one thing in common;

bright vivid colour.........it almost seems as if the more intense the colours, the more intense the joy."


She then goes on to write how it is nearly impossible to separate colour and feelings and how children feel this connection intuitively. Think about how pre-school children get so excited with books, pictures and toys that are brightly coloured.

I truly believe there is something in this. 

Altho' I don't wear very bright clothes (I am getting braver though), I do love me some bright accessories.

Here are some I hope will give you a serious serotonin boost .


rainbow_gemstone_stacking_rings
                                               Somewhere Over The Rainbow stacking rings



Casual by day. Glam by night. Here



Unique_coloured_gemstone_gold_rings






                                                                  Or match with the earrings here





Gold_turquoise_hammered_goddess_cuff

More Goddess cuffs here





Matching ring? This one worn by the lovely Tamera Beardsley



Close up of above ring. Here.



So there you have it. Some of my colour love pieces which I hope will give you a serotonin boost when you most need it.

Do let me know your thoughts on wearing colour.
Are you brave when it comes to wearing colour or are you like me and tend to keep it more for accessories? 
Do tell me in the comments. As you know I love hearing from you.


Wishing you a lovely week and end to July
xxxxxxx


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!